Wednesday, May 19, 2010

“Wear Your Teeth”

Tonight is the night my skin’s on tight

With a digital arrangement of letters and punctual marks

I’m envious of myself for once and not those circuitry sharks

Wireframe, I’m afraid I’m the one to blame for your vacuity

With starved stomachs and feeble minds, proceed with acuity


Tonight is the night I will be all right

Like the sound of a dancing blade across a wooden table top

Underneath the noise encrusted room, her heart will stop

A brass button falls off of her dress and rolls under the closet door

His glass full of ice and a faint trace of whiskey, the night she’ll abhor


Tonight is the night I don’t suffer blight

Alas, sorrow parts and the sun decided to show it’d freakish face

Two nervous fingers thinking thoughts unclean as they caress her lace

That dress becomes the enemy as her body goes straight to his head

Radio waves shall mitigate the memories of which were painted deep red


Tonight is the night I can see your light

I’d wear my heart on my sleeve but it would be a bloody mess

Crimson agony flowing, interrupted as if unholy as we transgress

His anger would only lead to misanthrope, said the man in business attire

White-scarred knuckles against the table as he rose up and caught on fire

No comments:

Post a Comment