Thursday, May 6, 2010

“Through the Static”




Just like that, I am astonished
No more crossing wires of existence, no more electrical fires
Shut out the hybrid memories and imagination demons

I’ve been stuck in analog for so damn long
But I’m altering myself; I will become digital

Nothing makes me feel alive like your grace
Nothing else will work in your place

I’ll raise these burning walls up before I become a fallen server
My fingers dance around and this is it; this is the sound

The uncomfortable beeps of a computer
Trying so hard to connect in a time that is long gone

Reality is such a strange place to be
Even less sensible than hazy dreams

My voice will be heard as I learn to walk again
As I speak in hexadecimal, I will bleed out my sins

I haven’t felt this alive in so long…
I’m so ready; even when I’m down on all fours
Crawling toward the future as the walls shake apart
As I go on, standing up tall, I move through the static

In his name I pray…

Place your hand on my heart, never-ender
For I am your knight and I will never surrender


No comments:

Post a Comment