Thursday, May 27, 2010

"Under A Lovely Sky" [From The Vault] + "Under An Unsightly Sky" [Corruption]

"Under A Lovely Sky" - Circa 2007 - 2008

Like daylight anew, I'm rising again.
I find hardship around every single corner.
Yet, when I see her eyes, staring at mine,
I can't help but smile.

I don't know if ashes or earthquakes await me,
I do know that I'm not alone anymore.
It's like opening presents on Christmas morning.
She's my ever-lit candle.

We're both broken in so many ways,
But I think together we'll make it alright.
I'm pushing myself further than I thought I could.
My love is a tornado, taking everything with it.

Like a jewel in the water on the coast,
Just so easy to reach, and more so gorgeous.
My heart is yours forever, little butterfly.
Thick as steel, soft as a pillow.

Under a lovely sky.

“Under An Unsightly Sky" [Corruption]

Like daylight faded, I'm buried again.
I find infatuation around every single corner.
Yet, when I see her eyes, haunting my mind,
I can't help but catch fire.

It’s certainly ashes and earthquakes around me.
And I know that I'm alone again.
It's like passing out hearts for Halloween.
Her wick has burned out and glows no more.

We're both broken in so many ways,
But I think together we made one hell of a mess.
I'm pushing myself further into the dirt each day.
My agony is a tornado, taking everything with it.

Like a tainted jewel in the water on the coast,
Just so easy to reach, and more so hideous defeat.
My heart is torn to shreds, little butterfly,
Thick as steel and dry as sand.

Under an unsightly sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment