Friday, May 28, 2010

“The Moth’s Shell”


The bitter taste of separation lingers yet upon the skin
But below all that has made me ill is something amazing
A beautiful flower on my depleted heart has blossomed
Its vines tangling with my veins and urging me back to life
The first breath back into the world takes me by surprise
I call out: “Have I earned my wings yet, oh captivator?”
The booming echo in my head is a sigh of dissatisfaction
But the land I set my feet upon is a great big world
Only when the night consumes me am I turned ill
The poison drips from her lips as I turn my back to the flames
(In slow motion) I toss my hope aside and continue forward
My eyes light the sky as the energy flows through me
And nothing can hold me back this time, not even agony
Each day anew, as I force the changes by my own deeds
Grateful for the friendship I am blessed with as I march on
This heart is beating slowly, taking it’s time to heal
One day it’ll be a beautiful garden once more
At the mercy of a beautiful gardener once again

No comments:

Post a Comment