Friday, May 21, 2010

“Inhale Provocative; Exhale Sedative”

Like dawn after the darkest sky, I’m starting to feel alive
Was I not in a desert where none were thought to survive?

My barren heart has hope once again; it just won’t give in
I’m not speaking death and I’m not going to live a life of sin

I’m dreaming of mountain tops, where I want to be
Come, fair maiden, breathe life back into me

They call me foolish, they call me naïve
But it’s about time I start to believe

That this shattered room in my chest
Is not yet ready for its eternal rest

Sing me a song, write me a poem
One day I’ll feel like I belong

I’m waking up; I’m coming to my senses
Back up on my feet with raised defenses

The burden of having to live in sorrow
Oh but I pray today could be tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment