Thursday, June 3, 2010

“Vile Rose: The Human Heartache”


Is it just me or is it hot in here?
Is it just me?
Or am I catching fire!?

I’m in my own little world but it’s starting to feel like I’m stuck in it.
Through the tinted glass I can see the poison spill
Eating alive the flesh before it seeps its way through the concrete

Oh god, have mercy
I’m relying on my own self control tonight
I’ve found security in my hallucinations
I’m become a burning mass of thought
The stars will be jealous, don’t you think?

“When every breath you take is a breath back to life
And your body is stained with the soil you took your slumber below
The death that became you slowly slips away through your fingers
And your heart starts to beat again as dawn rises up behind your back
You might be caught off guard but it might just be your lucky day”

But might is a powerful word…
I might just fall asleep and dream of the same horrors all over again
What If I give this heart away once more and it’s not strong enough?
What shall I do when I am turned to stone yet again, never-ender?
I am living history; a long cycle of distress, astonishing in my ignorance

“So I’ll course your veins
I’ll read your mind
I can even feel your heart
Fear me not

Oh, fear me not, dearest boy!
I wish not for your agony
You will see in due time
For I am love and I am eternal!”

No comments:

Post a Comment