Saturday, June 26, 2010

“Sunshine, Shores, Transcendence”


Am I coming to grips with my humanity?
I’ve seen a new side of myself today
I found a place to fit in with my family
I feel like an uncle for the first time
And not just another familiar face
The sunshine warms my troubled heart
And the coast calms my anxious soul
Light the darkened sky on fire for me

A confident step into manhood
I’m seeing through my façade
The wind and trees all move for me
And the sun lights the sky today
Maybe I am alone but I am searching
I know the love of my life is out there
She’s probably crying, calling out for me
When she finds me I’ll be her everything

I am growing and I am gaining strength
I will break away from my sorrow
Slay my weaknesses and march onward
I will grow into a beautiful tree
Blessed by the earth and sky
I will come out of this cocoon
And you will see my beautiful wings

No comments:

Post a Comment