Tuesday, June 8, 2010

“Mourn, Phantasmal Shore”


The silent waters begged for my return on this night, it seems
I left my iron shell for a moment and traveled to the exact spot
That I knelt down and gave her three things on that overcast night
A white rose for eternal friendship and a red rose for eternal love
And that ring she knew I had, the one she waited so eagerly for
But the times have changed and the ocean brings different waters
Ghosts have come and haunted me but this night is cleansed
The drive home was a reminder of everyone else I’d been with
Each area a memory of a beautiful girl and a time now long gone
It’s as if no matter how bad it hurts, it’s just another recollection
And I can’t stop fidgeting; now I’m at the edge of my seat
As I come home and stuff another wad of cash in my jar
I’ll take this worn out soul halfway across the country if I have to
Dying for an escape, not from the sorrow but from the reminders
And I don’t need to prove to any of you that I’m over all of this
My heart beats for the next page, a blank canvas before me
I’m waiting for my fair maiden to arrive and spill her colors upon it
Paint me a new tomorrow, dearest stranger, I’m waiting patiently
I’ll take this anguish to the grave, but I won’t wallow in it any longer
Wraith upon wraith on these dark shores, oh unhallowed boon
Wreck yourself no more, fellow spirit, for the stars shine tonight

No comments:

Post a Comment