Saturday, June 5, 2010

“Anathema On High”


Pushing me down
Pushing me down
Bury me with a crown

I’m tired of your little white lies and I’m tired of your excuses
I’m tired of your confrontation and I’m tired of you

I am the northerner
And my rage will not rest on this day

Those advances are heard and they are not the first, nor the last
You detest me and I will not forgive what I cannot comprehend
You hurt me in so many ways and for what? You had to have me
You had to have me!

So just think about that as you take up your cup and toast a brand new tragedy
You are pestilent and I am so far away from feeling anything but this deep shade
How can I be your friend when you’ve ruined so much of who I am?
Have you no morels, no heart, no head, no hurt?

I burn this to the ground because I cannot look upon it anymore without anguish
It’s sad to see it end in flames but she’s burning down
I wish you the best of luck when I’m in my right mind
But these fleeting emotions, these fists form so easily
I’m afraid its goodbye and I hope you get what you deserve

No comments:

Post a Comment