Saturday, June 5, 2010

“Everything Around Beauty Is Made Ugly”


I’m wary just giving thought to these things anymore
Speaking of them only breathes life into them and death into me

I’m the wild card; fitting in wherever you need me
But for some reason I find myself in the discard pile
Someone tell me why young beautiful flesh is so unobtainable
Like sentient beings among men they stride with petty concerns
All of this is giving me a migraine as I push myself toward the morrow
Steadying my nervous hand and attempting to ignore those whispers

And as for all of you, dear thoughts, stay your charm and linger
For dreams and ambitions will bring me far but what you’re doing is…

Futile.

Fantasies and desires set this liar liar on fire
Fantasies and desires all the things I admire

Blessed shadow, rise up and claim your throne
Your potential is greater than that of mine
I’ve been bludgeoned; Broken every bone
I’ll wake up after all of this one day feeling just…

No comments:

Post a Comment