Saturday, April 24, 2010

“Mark of the Dark Star”

Girl, I gave you my best
But, don’t hold your breath
Cause I’m calling myself insane
When I know you’re to blame
Tonight maybe I’ll be free
But who could ever love me

I can’t seem to keep it together even when I’m alone, singin’ in my car
Somewhere along the way I think I broke in two and now I have the mark of the dark star
You’re inside of my head and I see your face every time I close my eyes
I’m reminded by this cold bed every time I hear your echoing lies
For better and for worse
Carry me away in a hearse
I guess this is my curse

I'll use these blankets as cover
As I sleep without a lover
Because this pillow will lie
Right next to me as I deny

Everything that commits me

Please just let me go
I’m down on my knees
Oh, please release me
Oh, I’m begging you

I can’t seem to keep it together even when I’m alone, singin’ in my car
Somewhere along the way I think I broke in two and now I have the mark of the dark star
I guess when everything looks bleak and I’m up in the air at least I can breathe again
When trauma settles in and kicks its feet up I tremble as the sorrow grows within
I bet you don’t even look back and remember how it felt to walk hand in hand with me
I can’t imagine you even wondering how I’m holding up after this catastrophe

Now there’s no point in drying these eyes as I scream
Please just let me go!
I’m down on my knees again!

My firsts raised to the skies, just please end this dream
Oh, please release me!
God, I’m begging you!

No comments:

Post a Comment