Sunday, April 11, 2010

“Hopeless Threnody”

I’m leading myself right over a cliff

I’m the naysayer; I’m the mental wreckage, the disposable camera. Now look at me and watch me explode over and over. The telepathic tragedy of my swinging fists comes to an end as my suffering bounces off of these four tiny walls. I am the laceration, the perfect pair of pistols under your pillow. A cold sweat takes over, my eyes dance around, back and forth as the poison takes hold. Now I’m the unintentional intruder, evasive and elusive, one in the same. “Where have you gone?” you might ask. A laugh is all you will get from me, dear believer. Madness is a welcome partner in this journey. These bed sheets still smell of your body, yet these arms don’t remember the feel of your skin.

Tragic…I will fall to my own heart; bled out by my own desires.
How then can the world crush one so young?

“Have you ever been on your knees, begging God for mercy?” He asked.

Turn around, shadow. Take me home; Un-tether what I have woven here. Show me the fangs of immorality, but don’t let them touch me. Take from me the life I have, for it is trivial. The next stage of humanity: The next step down this cruel and unrelenting path that has been forced in front of me. Let the thorns grow and stick in me as I walk it alone. From whence you came, brutality, return and show them that I am more than a match for anything they can throw at me.

A shinning light beams from the distance. “Ahh… and you are awake, are you?”
As consciousness returns to the troubled one, he parts his dry lips. “I think so…”
The sun beats down from the sky like a burning fist as he struggles to his feet.
Uneasy, the starved man creeps forward. “Please, tell me where I am, where I was.”
The bright figure shows its face momentarily, smiling as it disappears.
Surprised, the wavering figure falls backwards, barely catching himself.
To his utter amazement, he is suddenly bedazzled by a sparkling stone in the sand.
“What could this be?” He thought to himself, among many twisted thoughts already in his head.
Upon closer examination, the stone appeared to be a precious gemstone of some kind.
“Familiar, yet something I’ve never seen before.” He said aloud.

The sea roared and the man walked along the beach, holding the stone in his left hand.
Before he could even crack a smile at his good fortune, his eyes opened wide.
The skies turned to black and the ocean to a deep red.
The man looked down and saw that his precious stone had gone missing.
In a panic, he hurried his hands to the sand in search of his beloved jewel.
“Yes, panic, anxious human, for I am your destroyer. You will not be among the divine this day.”
The shadows crawled up behind the poor soul like an angry mob, ready for the attack, unrelenting.

Oh, but how does it end, oh precious perceiver. Death in the form of losing everything, unbeliever.
Bury your desire, lay rest to your headaches. Let your heart shatter over and over.
Let the sky rain thorns upon your flesh, let the soil your feet rest upon turn to flame.
Only then will you see that all you had and all you wish to be again is just a mere illusion.
That beating organ inside of you pumps blood through your veins it cannot possibly tell you what I cannot. It is no requiem for your sorrows; it is no beam of hope.

The past will haunt you like a murderous spirit.
Hopeless, you will cower among those who have tried.
You will bleed out upon the floor as they watch you, motionless.

Fixate yourself instead on the future to come.
Leave the past where it belongs, oh armored one.
Nothing can stop you now.

No comments:

Post a Comment