Friday, April 2, 2010

“The Bitter End”

When I look back I see everything I wanted, everything I needed
And I’m still trying to figure this out

How can you just take my heart and ball it up just to throw it away?
Where were you when I loved you?
Do you not understand?

It was so good and this is so fixable but you don’t even want to try
So just throw me away like garbage, apparently
It’s over, it’s over and you don’t even care
Like I’m supposed to be just fine
I’m stronger than ever and I still can’t take this
Though, I’m amazed I’m still standing
Oh God, now would be the perfect time to take us away
Take us away from this forsaken planet
Where love is so transformational

My eyes can’t take another glance
My heart can’t take another beat
So this is it not even one chance
So this is it, your craved defeat

The answer to your question: Just give up, just give up
It felt so right so why the hell was it so wrong
I don’t understand and I never will
This is killing me, killing me all over again

When all I wanted to do was love you
You couldn’t keep your eyes on the prize, girl
Instead you see the failure and accept it
For some reason and it makes no sense, at all
Because you said you would, you said you would
For better or worse and where does this leave me?

So here I am, broken again and again and again
Like I can take a beating over and over and keep breathing
This is not what I dreamed of, you would be so disappointed
If I brought you from the past to see all of this
You’d be so disgusted
You’d be so disgusted!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment