Tuesday, March 30, 2010

“Helium in My Veins”

“Hey there young one, head up high as you march on”
He smiles as his hand extends to my shoulder from the sky
“It’s easier to fall than it is to fly, don’t you think?”
The other laughs as the angels leave the sky an empty blue
“Crushed below the shadow of a dream again aren’t I?”
I mumble to myself as I start to realize I’m not alone
I can’t help but laugh in the face of disaster as my eyes open
I’m a burning star and I can’t see the past my own flame
My headaches and heartbreaks are a shattering reminder
That I’m a volatile disaster, wrecking havoc upon myself
Sorrow intensified by an uneasy swarm of tiny thoughts
But the dawn will always follow even the darkest of nights
My wings are made of endless potential and aspiration
Demons lash out as I walk my path, but I pay them no mind
For the trees will survive as their leaves decorate the ground
And your heart will survive as your tears decorate your pillow
Honest, I’m finding a happiness sifting around inside of me
The deity watches me and my legion follows closely behind me
I’m done giving up on myself and I’m done giving up on you

No comments:

Post a Comment