Saturday, March 20, 2010

"Razor Blades, Laser Glades"

My accursed heart just isn't worth the effort, is it?
My love lays in silence and basks in the worries of the day.
Eight tentacles around my neck, mouthing "just forfeit!"
Breathless words wasted when all I should do is pray

Where in the world did I leave it
The light is slipping through my fingers
I swear to God if I catch on fire...
How did you know where to look?
My reprehensible actions contained
Within a shadow that only you can see

That octopus is staring straight at me again
As I rip out my heart and lock it away tonight
I'm seeing a way out of this filthy life of sin
Draw me closer, oh Lord, draw me into the light

I have made new enemies with uncertainty
It's hard not to trip when all the lights are out
Merciful heart, there is hope just below the surface
The oath you took; Those two words ringing in my head
How could it be just temporary or is it just me?
I've taken you for granted and here I am, undone

I don't know how to stop the sun from falling down
Seems like I can't get the point across anyway
Hands on my shoulders, forcing a smile when I should frown
In my anguish there isn't anything more I could say

I just want you to understand how much you mean to me
My love for you is unending; this is my superhuman heartache
Eyelids grow heavy upon listening to my own pleas once more
Days melting like plastic figurines, helpless to the merciless flames
Everyday begging my heart to leave me be, even just for a while
I'll bury that thing in the dirt if I have to, but I'm at a loss for words

No comments:

Post a Comment