Wednesday, March 3, 2010

“Chapters”

I feel like I’ve been in a daze, lost within a never-ending dream
I’ve never felt so helpless; I think I’m drowning inside my head
It feels like the shadows twisted around under our feet and now stand before us
My embrace used to make you feel so comfortable and alive
Now I feel like my arms are slowly crushing you to death
My embrace used to be all that you needed (and it can be again!)
Now it seems like it’s just holding you back (I’ll never hold you back again!)

I could never apologize enough for what I’ve let myself become
If I could go back in time I’d wrap my fingers around my own neck

How could this happen
This is my book and I’m the author
How could you let this happen?

“Dear child, calm your restless mind. You are but the subject and this is but a chapter. Let me be your author and I will write your history the way it should be.”

Oh Father, Father I understand what you say but it’s just so hard to let go
I feel like the land is melting away and my life's gonna detonate
I’ve tasted the honey and now the bees are angry with me
Is there no way to put these shattering mirrors back together?
I’ll pick up every piece and I don’t care if it takes me forever!
I’d relive my whole life just for a chance to fix all of this!

I could never apologize enough for what I’ve let myself become
If I could go back in time I’d respond in an instant to your sorrow

How could this happen
This is my mirror and I’ll mend her
How could you let this happen?

“Dear child, calm your restless mind. If you fix a broken mirror yourself it will still bear the cracks and scars but, if let me do it, I will make it more beautiful than ever."

Oh Father, Father I leave this in your hands for I know that I must
Take my contorted thoughts from me and instill the patience I crave
I know what I must do and I must let you do your work in peace
My shaking hands could never reassemble my shattering heart
Take from us our hearts of stone, Oh Father and gift us anew
For us both I pray for the glow of clarity and tranquility once more

No comments:

Post a Comment