Sunday, March 14, 2010

“Strong Enough For Two”

According to this calendar, I’ve lost track of myself and I’ve found a hole to hide in
I’ve fallen so far, I can’t even recognize myself anymore and it scares me to death.
It’s like I’ve been in a waiting room for all this time when all I had to do was step outside.

The darkness came like a cold breeze, relentlessly shivering up my spine
I could taste death on my lips as sorrow’s hand wrapped around my neck
But this is not the end (It’s so far from it) I will not give in and I will rise up to the sky
As God tailors my new set of shining armor, I’m nowhere near the collapse

I know I can’t blame you for giving up on me,
Because I would have long ago!
But I can be superhuman
Strong enough for you,
Oh, Strong enough for two!

It’s like I’ve been living with a broken image, side by side with myself
Locked in as it starred me down every single day
But that shadow no longer follows me and all I had to do was turn this light on
Coincidentally, the path before me lit right up, plated in gold, and I invite you to join me
Whenever you’re ready, just say the word. (Just say the word)

I know I haven’t been trustworthy, and I probably don’t even deserve another shot
But I’m only human and I’ve come this far (I’m come so far)
I know I can’t blame you for giving up on me,
Because I would have long ago!
But I can be superhuman
Strong enough for you,
Oh, Strong enough for two!

I can show you where I got this armor if you’d like
I feel like the me I never knew I could be (Never knew, never knew I had it in me)
I feel like I’ve finally found myself and I was there waiting all along
No more breathing like every breath is my last
No more seething, it’s time to overcome

No comments:

Post a Comment