Wednesday, April 7, 2010

“I Am Not The One”

So I’m waking up all over again with a new and different headache each day
Wondering when I’ll find my place in this broken world, oh I’m so close
I feel it

I’m so tired of being at the bottom of your list
Like everything means more than I do
More than I do

I’m not running anymore and I am not the one
Seeing clearly now and I’m not letting you walk all over me
I’m so through with it all; I’m so ready for a new flavor in my mouth
Here comes the flood and I should be far ahead by now

I find myself tangled in your web of memories, draining the life out of me
Cut the cord, relax your heart, take a deep breath and get up
Girl, best of luck to you and goodbye

I’m not running anymore
and
I am not the one
I am not the one
I am not the one

Tugging on me like a ravaging monstrosity
This acceptance is hard to swallow
I’m fallen to the maw of avoidance

I hope you’re happy with your decisions
Because this heart is void of you
No more falling down

Because I am not the one

No comments:

Post a Comment