Wednesday, April 21, 2010

“Harbinger of Shadow”

So I’m so sick of making myself sick
A gradient from progress to solitude
My throat is dry and my hands are numb
The drought is coming, warn the fish
I’m not about to lose my cool, no not today
Yesterday was definitely the worst day of my life
But tomorrow looks so much better than today
I guess I’m destined for something different
I’ve got my shields raised up and my gun loaded
Bang bang as I suffer in the whispering winds
As the stars danced over my head all I could think of was you
The weaving steps across the street like a ballad of fear
Nothing says goodbye like an empty glass, dear
All over my mind like the poison she coated it with
I let go in the street where people place their feet
Closely monitor me tonight because I’m not alright
I’m afraid I’m not walking in a straight line tonight
But take a look at all my teeth as I smile up wide
There’s nothing left on this side, believe me I tried


And I’m so sick of making myself sick

No comments:

Post a Comment