Thursday, July 15, 2010

"White Knight"




Are you there?
Is this all of your doing?
Is your hand in this, Father?

My heart has suffered wrath and felt the flames of anguish
But I put my faith in you and I knelt down and prayed for days.

Could this be your gift to me?
Take this life from me
No longer am I a dark knight
Release me from this noose!

Am I on fire or is my heart glowing?
Can I possibly stand any taller now?

Tears in my eyes as I cast that dark armor to the ground!
Give me instead your holy armaments, guard me, Lord.

I will no longer walk the path of anguish
I am a white knight and I will not break
I can be strong for you, oh dreamer
I aspire to be everything that you need
I will crush my deadly sins below my feet

I am the white knight and I will not break
I can be strong for you, oh dreamer

And I think I’m falling…

No comments:

Post a Comment