Saturday, November 7, 2009

“You’re Not Extraordinary, You’re Just Extra Ordinary”

I’m still here! I can feel the atmosphere but that isn’t all, my dear.
Casualties are being made by a motionless blade, how strange, oh how strange.
I’ve been here before, right where I’m standing in this unchanging world.

As toxic as your eyes are,
These plains set fire.
Among the radiation, I sleep.

For crying out loud, I’m still here, breathing.
I’m not afraid of the future but I’m not very excited to see yours.
If I were an astronaut, I’d float away and never return to this unchanging world.

A crescent light bleeds the sky and I’m stuck here, dreaming in poison.
Crime and punishment are one in the same and are appropriately named.
I want to be what I most admire, because life would be easier if I were inspired.

As toxic as your eyes are,
These plains set fire
Among the radiation, I sleep.

I’m still here! But I can’t feel the atmosphere.
Casualties are being made by a lightning-fast blade.
I’ve been here before, in a world that won’t ever change.

No comments:

Post a Comment