Monday, October 26, 2009

"Disintegrating Plastic Man"

I've got to wake up from this dream
I slid down the side of a mountain
Gliding down on my self-esteem
Peeling and bleeding like a fountain
I made a big cardboard house
So I could borrow some sleep
Feeling now like an unborn mouse
This cliff is just to damned steep
Rocks attracted to the same fire
Like roots burdened by the dirt
Don't turn around it's a gun for hire
Just don't explode on my new shirt

This skeleton is a wreckage
My perils with skin torn clean off
The mailman is delivering my package
I'll weave a symphony from each skoff
Vending machine offers her support
I'm supposed to run this place alone
I'm gonna tear you apart for my fort
I don't need your mouth, just a bone
Under the umbrella of corpses, it rains
Have you ever seen a plastic man smile
I'm not smart but I've got all these brains
Those melting eyes will forever be in denial

No comments:

Post a Comment