Friday, June 17, 2011

“Trauma Science”




The smell of leather licked with flame
Spinning wheels and confusion; relativity
I think my future got in an accident with the past
Too bad they don’t sell insurance for childhood dreams

This one doesn’t understand
Why he’s even standing

Tell me again why I’m holding on
I fell through on all my promises
And collapsed on the pieces I couldn’t pick up

Still wet behind the ears
Not as I thought I’d be
There’s no – starting over
With my hands in the mud

But take a look at me, smiling uncomfortably
I don’t wanna make a wrong move
So I don’t move at all

This one doesn’t understand
Why he’s even standing

I can’t breathe in here
With all the stagnant air
Life’s on the edge of my lips
So sweet I can taste it

Just a little further
I think I can reach it
Just pray I don’t fail
Oh please no, not again

My fingers strike the keys
But there aren't any locks
I've got no way out of this one

She’s made of metal
And her words are sharp as knives
She’s coming for me

She will hit a vital organ
But I’ve gotta get away
Adrenaline… makes the great escape

There’s no giving up
No I’m through with all that
So let’s try a different approach
This time, I’m gonna call the shots
No more pulling strings on my skeleton

This one doesn’t understand
Why he’s even standing

But that’s not gonna stop me
I will be…
I will be…
I will be exploding
I will be…
I will be…
I will be exploding like the sun

No comments:

Post a Comment